Sunday, December 2

Power, or a Good Show

I've seen manifestations of my own heart recently which make me very comfortable and proud to be me. I'm not saying this to boast, but rather to confess that I realize I need to be more transparent here. I've been trying to act like what I'm called to ultimately become; but that's just not something incarnate in me, yet, and so when I behave like that, there is no resonance. Being comfortable in your own skin is a very good thing.

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Romans 12:3

Yes, there are times where we need to put on an accurate performance according to our calling (not feelings). But, heaven nor earth nor hell is going to mistake faith for possession: when you got it, you got it, baby. We are justified by faith, and we live by faith, but we rule by the reality which is already present. See 1 Cor 4:18-21. The kingdom of God is not just talk.

So, all that to say, I'm comfortable in my own skin, and I'm comfortable that I'm not fully the me I'm called to be. What I am is valid and substantial, and I can be that while owning up to not finishing the race yet of my calling. The kingdom of God will not suffer from lack of a good show; it's not about show; it's about meekness and power.

No comments: