Saturday, July 19

Chris Biano visitation

Last night was the show at Coffee Station that I helped with for my Chris Biano, an artist from out of town. I had billed the event to the Christians in my own housechurch as a ministry opportunity for evangelism and seeing the Lord manifest among us while we are among others. Although the show (for strangers and outer circle acquaintances) started at 8 o'clock, I invited my Christian family to begin at 6:30pm to invite the Lord's presence, minister to our own needs, and create a welcoming atmosphere for Jesus to be magnified at the coffee shoppe.

I'm very glad that Chris came; I see him as an ascension gift of the Son, as it is written in Ephesians 4:7-8
But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift. / Therefore it says, "WHEN HE ASCENDED ON HIGH, HE LED CAPTIVE A HOST OF CAPTIVES, AND HE GAVE GIFTS TO MEN."

However I'm very disappointed in the Body of Christ. What was a precious opportunity to carry Jesus (the Ark of God) on the poles of our lives OUT of the temple four walls was treated as an opportunity to be entertained. I mean: Nobody showed up on time. We didn't have a community until 8pm, when it was too late to cultivate the Lord's presence, minister to Him, allow Him to come in and through us, and prepare the way of the Lord. We did not convene as the Church to do great exploits, but rather as an Audience of Chris or to "support Monty in his endeavor."

I am reminded of the prophet John, who in the spirit and the power of Elijah urgently exhorted the people of his time. Of him, Jesus said
This is the one about whom it is written, 'BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER AHEAD OF YOU, WHO WILL PREPARE YOUR WAY BEFORE YOU.' (Matthew 11:10)

If we would work the works of the Evangelist, if we would see the mighty acts of the Healer, if we want to see the wisdom of One who wins souls.... we must become like John, the messenger who ran ahead and prepared the way for Lord to come. All else is vanity!

The Lord's name is Emmanuel, which means The Lord Is With Us.

I'll stop writing right now so that I can continue tomorrow to speak grace to all who hear, and not vent, because yes I'm feeling let down.

No comments: